Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Craft. Easter Bunny door hanger!

This is such a cute idea, but unfortunately I did not think of it - that credit goes to Hoosier Homemade for this awesome idea!!

You will need the following things:

1) Foam pipe covers - I chose 1/2"
2) 14 guage wire
3) pink cardstock
4) "Fun Fur" yarn 
5) duct tape
6) white spray paint

There were three pipe covers in the package I purchased.  I took one cover as it and taped into a circle with the duct tape.  For the smaller circle, I eyeballed it but I probably cut about 12" off of the end of the other one and made that into a circle also.  They didn't look exactly like a circle when I first taped it together so with a bit of working with it, it ended up looking pretty good.
At this point, I taped the circles together and spray painted it white.  This gives a nice background to the yarn in case any were to peek through. 
Then I shaped the ears with the wire - again, just eyeballing it.
Once the ears were formed, I spray painted the pink one white, and began wrapping the yard around them, starting at the bottom.  Once this was done, I hot glued the pink cardstock to the back of the ears, then it was on to the body!!  I wrapped the yarn around the body until I couldn't see any white.  I used almost all of both yarns.  Once they were all wrapped, it was assembly time!
Poke the ears in the top, wrap with more yarn, hot glue if needed
 and hang on your front door for all to enjoy!
Hoppy Easter!  Hee hee.

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Mr. Bunny looks adorable on your bright door! Great job Christie!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely idea. I saw your comment on the beginner blogger series at a Klassic Home. I remember what it meant to have your first follower (not that I have thousands or anything..) so I am your newest GFC follower and hope that you might visit my blog soon sometime.

    Rosie
    http://craftbotics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for joining Rosie!! I was so excited to see someone besides me!! HEE HEE.

      Delete
  3. Adorable!! What a great idea. I saw your comment on the BBC series, too...thought I would pop over and say hello!

    Jennifer
    www.laughterandgrace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I'm new to this but trying to figure out how to generate traffic so thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete