Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Craft. $4 DIY Hurricane Candles.

I've seen many versions of this, but I am partial to this one - hee hee.  This is by far the easiest craft I've whipped up - and it was only $4 at Dollar Tree.  LOVE that!! 
All you need is:
Large cylinder vase
Small cylinder vase (to fit inside)
Taper candle holder
Small rocks
E6000
small votive (not pictured).
Take your E6000 and put a thick line around the top of your candle holder.  Then put the large cylinder vase on top.  While this dried I put my kitchen crock on top - you need good pressure.
Once dry, hold the smaller cylinder vase inside and start filing with the small rocks.  In hindsight, I probably would have put some saran wrap over the top of the smaller vase so the rocks wouldn't end up in there!  They were a real pain to get out! 
Once they are all in, pop in your candle and light her up! 
It's beautiful when all the light comes peeking through the rocks.  What's nice is that when the votive burns down, you can follow these instructions to remove the wax and start all over again!! 
Enjoy!!

Linking up to:
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Neat project...it has a pretty glow! I like the price too! haha! Welcome & Thanks for sharing at the Rock N Share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm new to the linky parties but they are awesome!!

      Delete
  2. Love this idea! I've been wanting this type of hurricane for my dining room. I think I have most of what I need already...yea! Thank you for the inspiration. So glad you shared this ingenious idea at Show & Tell!

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon - found you through various linky parties!! Love the Show & Tell party!!

      Delete
  3. Cool Blog...I like it
    Welcome join my community blog..Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the shadows it casts! This would be great outdoors too :)

    ReplyDelete